In the course, the student will progressively develop competencies to:
• Participate in everyday life conversations (going shopping, ordering food and drinks in a restaurant, etc.)
• Converse, read, and write using more challenging and complex grammatical structure of the Spanish language.
• Compare objects as well as people
• Introduce the most useful prepositions
• Use the past simple of regular and irregular verbs
• Be able to apply the direct objects pronouns (Lo, La, Los, las) while conversing and writing
• Express possession and preferences
• Introduce regular and irregular verbs in the imperfect
• Express obligation or necessity
• Understand the difference between IMPERFECTO and PRETERITO INDEFINIDO
Spanish Intermediate Level 1 –SPH 201 Intermediate Spanish 1
This course builds on fundamental knowledge and skills. It offers further development of communication skills in Spanish and the study of some cultural aspects of the Spanish-speaking world.
Prerequisite(s): SPH 103 or previous knowledge in Spanish by placement test
Spanish Intermediate Level 2 –SPH 202 Intermediate Spanish 2
This course is the continuation of Spanish 201. It deals with more challenging and complex grammatical structures and further studies the Spanish-speaking world’s social and cultural aspects.
Prerequisite(s): SPH 201 or previous knowledge in Spanish by placement test
Spanish Intermediate Level 3 –SPH 203 Intermediate Spanish 3
This course is the continuation of Spanish 202. It deals with more complex situations dealing with social interactions, communication, and further aspects of the Spanish-speaking world.
Prerequisite(s): SPH 202 or previous knowledge in Spanish by placement test
Classes will be held at Community Wise Resource Centre, 223 12 AV SW.